Swimming Pools: Fun but Dangerous
Unfortunately, the sunny days of summer filled fun come with pool related accidents and injuries. Having an RI Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer you can trust is imperative in laying the foundation for a solid personal injury case. In the summer time, children and adults tend to frequent swimming pools more than any other season.
According to the Center for Disease Control, an average of nine people die from unintentional drowning every day in the U.S. On average, two of these victims are minors under the age of 14 years old. A recent study shows that drowning is the 5th leading cause of deaths in the United States. These grueling statistics are never more real than when a family comes to our office seeking legal counsel for the death or injury of their child due to a swimming pool accident. Over the years, our firm has seen several instances of Rhode Island swimming pool accidents ranging across all levels of severity. These accidents often lead to fatal drowning or major injuries. We utilize our resources and decades of experience to build a strong case for our clients in pool accident events.
Statistics for Swimming Pool Accidents Involving Children
- Between ages 1 and 4, drowning is the leading cause of death.
- 67% of children who drown in swimming pools are under 3 years old.
- 390 drowning deaths a year are attributed to swimming pools or spas.
- 75% of drowning deaths for children under 15 occurred at a privately owned swimming pool.
- 17% of drowning deaths for children under 15 took place in an above ground pool.
- 47% of children who experience non-fatal injuries are injured at private swimming pools.
- $8,000 is the average cost of initial hospital treatment for child near-drowning victims.
Common Causes of Swimming Pool Accidents
- Children in or near the pool without adult supervision
- Horseplay in or near the pool
- Lack of safety gate surrounding pool for minors
- Non-swimmers in or near the pool
- High consumption of alcohol in or near the pool
Common Swimming Pool Injuries
- Brain Damage
- Broken Bones
- Neck & Spinal Injuries
Experienced RI Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer
RI Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer David Morowitz has represented several families in catastrophic and fatal personal injuries. Attorney Morowitz understands the stress and difficulties these injuries can cause for families. The expensive medical treatments and loss of the ability to work because of the injury or because of caring for the injured can be a devastating blow to an individual’s normal quality of life. That is why The Law Office of David Morowitz fights tirelessly on behalf of each client to get him or her the compensation they deserve. In many cases, the full effects of a swimming pool injury may not surface for many months after the initial accident. Attorney Morowitz is experienced in projecting possible long-term outcomes of the accident and factoring them into the personal injury claim.
Dealing with the repercussions of any personal injury can be difficult. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident call (401) 271-5556 to speak with RI Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer David Morowitz. He will conduct an in-depth consultation to discuss the details of your accident and the injuries you have incurred. All consultations are free. Attorney Morowitz’s legal services are based on contingency. You pay nothing unless we are successful! We’ll fight for your rights and the personal injury compensation you rightfully deserve.